Thursday, December 31, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

The joy in the celebration of the New Year lies in the fact that each man, woman, and child is essentially reborn. All of the mistakes, the indiscretions, regrets and wrong turns of the previous year can, if we let them, fall away into distant memory.


Personally, I can absolve myself of the guilt I have over opportunities missed because I was too afraid of criticism or rejection. I can forgive myself for the times that I may have yelled at the friends, in the heat of anger and frustration. And I can vow that in 2010, I will do better. I will be better. Let us put the past behind us; forgive whenever we can and let us resolve to live the best and meaningful life ahead.

When we go to bed on December 31st, we awake with a whole new year ahead. There is just something about the new year, so fresh, so new, so unblemished that allows us to believe, if only for a little while, that we can again be anything that we want to be. We have three hundred and sixty five brand new opportunities to be a healthier person, a nicer person, a better person.

My wish for all of you is the health, strength and courage to live the best, happiest life that you can live as well.



No comments: